I can't figure out the word that adequately fits my behavior.
Sometimes I really miss doing the "Not Me! Monday posts"
Someone once told me that they were annoying.
I saw them as cheap therapy.
So, here I will sit...in my "confessional chair" (even though I'm NOT catholic)
Here's my confession:
- After touting about good nutrition to my friends and family, I was dreading spending time packing a lunch for C's preschool picnic this week. So, I went to Meijer and purchased a Lunchable.
Hey, at least there's fruit in it, right?
-I also purchased items for A's baseball practice tonight - since we're in charge of snack this evening. I purchased CarpiSun Roaring Waters (complete with HFCS) and Kellog's Granola Bars (no HFCS, but loaded with other crap). I'm just too cheap to purchase organic stuff for other
- I ate an aitken's protein bar two days ago - fully aware that they make me ummmm...socially unacceptable. Then I went to bed earlier than D. and fell asleep fast so I didn't have to hear about how much the bedroom smelled.
- I fed my family leftovers last night for dinner, and headed out to Panera for a gourmet salad. Mmmm. salad.
-Yesterday, as C. was sitting on my lap, he let out a loud burp. As I chastised him for not saying "excuse me," he let out another louder one...with a hard-core toot to go with it at the exact.same.time. I laughed. Not quiet laughing...full from-the-belly laughter. Way to discourage behavior, Sandy.
- I started looking into 5k runs in my local area. At which time I had a total anxiety attack, and changed my search. Yes, this journey is more mental than physical. Ok, it's really physical too, but the mental blocks don't help. A post about this journey of mine will be forthcoming....eventually.
- I'm wondering if C's attitude has less to do with lack of naps, and more to do with a dietary issue. But, for now, I'm going to wait and see....only because I'm not up for toddler detox.
- It's taken me 3 days to clean my basement bathroom. Since I do only little tidbits at a time. And the toilet and floor have yet to be cleaned. Apparently, I'm a big believer in "don't bite off more than you can chew."
- I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. And I'm a big forgetter. This is a dangerous combination.
- I detailed the minivan a few weeks ago....and it's a mess again. Apparently, I cannot maintain a general state of cleanliness.
- I was signed up to follow my 3 in-law's during their Marathon run on Sunday morning. I held my cell phone directly behind my church bulletin eagerly anticipating my texts to let me know of their progress. I hardly heard much of the sermon (sorry, Pastor!). I was busy praying for them the whole time. Thankfully, A. filled in the blanks of the outline, so I read it later. I received the last texts as two of them crossed the finish line together just as church was getting dismissed. Good timing, Marianne and Matt!
- I had the horrible and untimely urge to go to the bathroom yesterday while sitting in the drive thru at Chase Bank. I hit the "call button" and asked the teller if she could "hurry up so I could use the restroom." Whereupon she started CHATTING with me about bladder control after having children. Whereupon I asked her AGAIN to "please hurry!" I bobbed my head the whole way home in an effort to sway my focus. I was less concerned about the embarrassment of urinating on my self, and more concerned with the smell of pee on my driver's seat. I have no shame.
- Tomorrow is our last MOPS meeting for the year. Happy and sad at the same time. Thankfully, I have one more year with these fantastic ladies. But I'm ready to adjourn for the summer. I'm a mixed bag of emotions.