Ok, ok...I took last week off. Let's face it,
I was perfect last week, and had nothing to confess, the summer weeks get busy, and I had no time for confessions. Today is a different story.
- This week, I was without the boys for two and a half days (during the daytime). I did not totally go on a cooking and cleaning strike as well. I did not make my husband eat tons of old left overs, and live in a pig sty. I was not totally selfish with my time by working, taking extra long showers, organizing my clothing drawers, cooking great lunches for myself, and heading out with friends at night. Nope, not me! I always put my families needs ahead of my own.
- Upon seeing Colin again, I did not realize that I had 4 diapers left for the entire night. He did not mess through 3 of them by the time his afternoon nap was over. I did not end up taking him to Costco in a swimming diaper to purchase more diapers. I'm always on top of our diaper inventory, and would never resort to dire straights.
- On Friday night, as my husband is leaving for a bachelor party and he asks me what I'm doing that evening, I did not say, "I have a date with Rachel at Costco!" I was not totally looking forward to seeing her on a Friday night to go...(wait for it)....grocery shopping! I was not totally psyched at the thought of leaving the house on a Friday night. No, not me! I have many many partying friends and an endless supply of entertainment budget, and would never get psyched over grocery shopping with a friend on a weekend night.
- I am not so cheap that I'm going to ask Adam's dentist to give us an extra 10% off his cleaning today. After all, he is missing 10% of his teeth.
- I am not so disorganized that I cannot figure out whether or not we have library books in the house or not. I do not keep finding them in every nook and cranny of the living room. I am not putting off turning in the boys' reading program slips due to the fact that I know I will have to pay fees and be accountable for the book they say we still have. I have not told Dave about this book because he does not hate hate hate this book. He has not forbid me to let the boys check it out stating that its full of communist ideals. I do not have the heart to tell him that I wasn't paying attention when Adam grabbed the book.
- I may not have just realized that I hid this book to avoid getting caught with it.
- I did not just find said book!!!!!! Hooray!
- I did not take a detour to Old Navy yesterday when I was only supposed to be gone for a few minutes to grab a few groceries. The friends and family coupon I was given was not buring a hole in my pocket. I did not purchase a few shirts for Dave to choose from so he would say it was ok that I was absent for over 2 hours. I did not totally enjoy my time shopping by myself. I did not miss pushing the stroller around so I would have somewhere to put my bags.