Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ninety

There are just some amazingly special people in my life.


These people prove that sometimes....



....well, sometimes water is, indeed, thicker than blood.


My mom is a kindergarten teacher for a Lutheran school.

When she took her call to my home town, she met the two most amazing people.

Since her father passed away when she was young, and her mother was long-distance,

they were like surrogate parents to her.

He gave my mom away at my parent's wedding...

...when my mom was pregnant with my brother,
she asked them if we could call them grandma and grandpa.

"As long as they don't call me Bumpa." he said.

Guess what we ended up calling him...

(Hint:  Bumpa)

So, a few Sundays ago....

the whole family got together to celebrate 90 years of Bumpa.


DSCN0069

(Sorry for blurriness....it was a LONG table full of "family members" and my zoom isn't that great)

A good time was had by all...especially the kiddos...at the cupcake table.  :)

DSCN0068

So...what has 90 years of Bumpa taught me?

That grandfathers have a special place in heaven.

That a boisterous laugh is infectious.

That respect is amazing.

Scotch at the end of a long day is sometimes just what the Dr. ordered.

Honesty is always the best policy.

To name a few.  :)


I can't resist sharing this pic- it's too cute:

DSCN0073


So, here's Great Grandma and Bumpa with all the littles:


DSCN0075


Immediate family:

DSCN0081


Extended family:

Full Hearts


DSCN0079

No comments: