Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ultrasound Day!!! It's a.........

This is the first time I've had an ultrasound in the morning.


It'll be the last time too!

The baby was crazy active, and the ultrasound tech (Jen) said,

"It's like chasing a fish around in a fish bowl."


Head up, facing up......


Head down, facing down......

Feet crossed.....

Feet kicking the ultrasound wand....

Hands covering face.


Completely uncooperative little one in there.


Finally, I think the calisthenics tired the baby out, because at the very end, it calmed down.

Then (and only then) were we able to get some good shots.

So...here's our standard profile shot:






And then the lovely Skeletor shot:
(That's what Dave and I call it- cleraly sealing our identity as "children of the 80's")





So.....

What is it?

Did we find out this morning?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that


It's










a








BABY!



Sorry, I just couldn't decide this morning.

I even took a pole on Facebook, and it was pretty much split down the middle.

And since you all know that Dave and I waited with the other two....

....and since he was working this morning during the ultrasound,


....I had her write it on a card and seal the envelope.


Yes, just like we did with C. 

Only we didn't open it with C.

So...here's our sealed envelope.




We could open it....or we could wait until October.

One thing the tech did say is that the baby was measuring a tad (tad meaning 1 week) small for my gestational age...

...which supports my OB's theory of the possibility of my dropping two eggs that fateful month.



....possibly putting us closer to having a Halloween baby.



One thing I will tell you....

...that gut feeling I was telling you about?


Yeah, it kicked in this morning.

Actually before the ultrasound - while I was brushing my teeth (and gagging).

It kicked in.

And then it was even stronger when I saw the profile.

So, I'm just going to sit tight on opening the envelope for a bit.

And sit tight with this gut feeling...to see if it changes.

But I don't think it will.  :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dying over here... just dying

Sarann said...

Awww, your killing me!!! So at least what is your gut feeling? I'm happy all else looks well. My baby was about 8 days smaller then what my LMP indicated, so they said I probably just OVed a bit later, my FH is about a week behind too, so it matches.

trooppetrie said...

so excited for you, blessings are awesome no matter what gender they are

Keri said...

OPEN IT!! :)