Friday, June 1, 2012

5QF - DEMO edition!

Today was A's last day of school.

Which officially consisted of chapel, awards, and lunch.

And now he's all mine for summer.  :)

I now officially have a THIRD grader and a kindergartner.

How did this happen?!?!?!


Tomorrow is DEMO DAY!

Let me say that again....

TOMORROW!!!!  DEMO DAY!

Dave and his brother Matt were at it yesterday tearing out the bathroom and pulling down ceilings and shovelling insulation out.  Yes, shovelling.

They found some interesting stuff here and there....  I'll post those pictures later.

Anyway, stay tuned for a ridiculous amount of pictures on the biggest weekend of the year.



1. What were you scared of as a kid?


I was a scaredy cat kid.  I was afraid of everything...falling off my bike, falling out of bed, drowning (I lived literally seconds away from Lake Michigan), getting hit by a car, a loved one dying, etc. 

I was a real worry-wart.

Almost to an OCD level.

There was one house not far from mine that always haunted my nightmares.  It freaked me out all the time.  Now every time I drive past that house, I see nothing to fear and just kinda shake my head that I was so neurotic.

2. Do you sleep well in a hotel?

Not really.  There's so many noises and new smells, etc.  Unless I've been out and about busy all the live-long day...then I'll sleep from exhaustion....but normally, I prefer my own bed, hands down.



3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why?

At first, I was going to say Oprah....because I'd like to give her a piece of my mind...and let her know that she's not all that and a bag of chips....and then I realized that it's not showing her God's love....so I'll have to settle for a pass on Oprah.  (I'm not a fan, if you haven't realized that.)

I think I'd have to say Dr. Oz. I love his show...when I can catch it.  I love his approach to education, and I'd just love to have a nice long conversation with him.

4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach?

Depends on the pool.  If it's a fun friend's pool, then heck yeah!

Otherwise, I'd go to the beach.

5. What is your favorite summer dish?

Taco salad.  Yeah, baby!



2 comments:

Mama M. said...

Oooooh. Yum...Taco Salad?! Guess what we're gonna have for supper now?! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anne Marie said...

Yeah, I'm a taco salad lover too! Best summer evening meal! :o)