Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Miscellany in pictures

Thursday Miscellany seems to work well for me.  :)

So, here we go!



Today was our last (ever) meeting with our Bright Beginnings lady, Miss Kathy.
We did a 5 year old Ages & Stages Questionnaire- and even though C. isn't quite 5 yet,
he passed with flying colors.

We won't be seeing her for #3 simply because there's a LONG waiting list of families waiting for home visits.

So, we're going to let her use her services on first-time families instead of us old-hats.

She and her husband have become regular customers of D's business, so we'll still see them around.

She gave C. a little see-ya later present.

We'll have lots of fun this summer fine-tuning our "listening ears."



Last night, C. and I finished planting our garden.
Back to front:
tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant, red bell peppers and bush beans.


Aside from the 1/2 quart of strawberries in the fridge, this is the only fresh fruit I have left in the house.

This is an emergency in my book!


Our finished concrete pad.

I cannot tell you how much cleaner the stairs (in inside the doorway!) are since this pad was installed on Saturday.

I can't wait until the entire driveway is done!

(Answer to your question:  4 years from now)



Ally waiting for me to return inside from taking the above picture.

She's a little Houdini who is getting off her chain.

She loves to run.

This is currently the bane of my existence.

She's lucky she's so cute.


C. was upset that Ally got on the table and ate all the peanut butter out of his cup.

He was making a funny face while crying.

He also rocks when he's tired, nervous, or upset.

So, here....he's crying and upset.

It's an interesting picture, no?

Also note:  he dressed himself this morning.
A (close to) record high day today, and my boy comes down in (too short) jeans and a turtle neck.


Then he got over the peanut-butter-incident-of-May 24, and decided to place some pretzel rods above his ears.

"Mommy, take a picture of me!"

Ok.



This deserves a picture. 

Our basement floor clean. (and vacuumed, I might add!)

The couch void of laundry waiting to be folded.

(It's folded, in a laundry basket waiting to be brought upstairs. hehe!)

Never mind the pile of clothing on the lateral file waiting to be ironed.

Hey....it's progress.


This is my summer strategy for good behavior.

I picked up these jars at Wal-Mart of $3.97 each.
(by the way, the EXACT same jar is $5.99 at Meijer!)

I wrote chores and fun activities on the back of post-it notes so the sticky side would keep
the papers folded neatly.

Pink ones have chores such as:  sweep the kitchen and bathroom floors, dust the furniture in your bedroom, clean the toilets, vacuum the basement, pick up rocks in the yard and bring them to the rock pile, clean out the van, etc.

Our Summer Fun jar will be used as rewards for good behavior and ideas for days we have a free day.  Ideas were taken from this post, my MOPS newsletter (thanks, Ingrid!), and my own imagination.
Some items cost money, some don't.
Blue papers are indoor activities (for rainy days, or lazy days...(calling a spade a spade)).
Green papers are more active and require a nice day out.

Either way, I'm hoping for a fun, memorable summer with the boys.


I wanted to post this.

C. drew this at school during "free time."

I asked him to tell me about it.

He said,
"I drew a picture of Heaven.  See?  Jesus is in blue in the middle, it's very colorful there,
and the streets have gold."

Sigh.



Then....last night I caught A. in a(nother) lie.

I grounded him from all screens for 2 days, and I laid out some sentences for him to write this morning.

When I got out of the shower this morning, he left this in the bathroom for me to find.

(Coincidentally...he wrote it on the BACK of C's Heaven picture- above).



What did I think when I read that?

He used the possessive apostrophe appropriately.

Although we need to work on the correct spelling of "poop*."



And last, (but not least!!!)

I'm at 19 weeks today!

Almost half way done with this pregnancy.  :)

My Dr's appt on Monday went swimmingly, and he upped my weight lifting status since there's been no drama for the last 4 weeks.  I can now lift 20 pounds...max.

Strawberry picking, here we come!

The ultrasound appointment has been set for a few weeks from now-
the boys are EXCITED to go with me.

Sorry for the quality of the picture-
C. has been taking them, and as noted above, he's got an "issue" being still. 



*sorry I talked about poop on my blog.  A. started it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have boys - poop is a given ;) 19 weeks! I cannot wait!

Sarann said...

What a fun post! Your bump is adorable. I know your leaning towards a boy, but I have a feeling it's a girl. Not wishing that on you, just saying it's my hunch :). Have you seen the "I'm pregnant and I know it" parody video on YouTube? You should search for it if not. I'm not a huge LMFAO fan, but the pregnant parody is pretty funny.

Also, I gave you an award on my blog. Not sure if you are into doing those, but wanted you to know anyway.

Sarann said...

Man, I can't type today, I should have put you're, not your! Sorry, preggo brain!

Mama M. said...

Look at that bump!! LOVE it.
Man alive...there are babies EVERYWHERE lately! Make me kinda, sorta, slightly, a little bit, okay not really, want one. I want to hold one. And snuggle it. And smother it with kisses and smell it.
Oh, and I forgive you for talking about poop...