Monday, May 14, 2012

Exceeded expectations

Up until Friday of last week, I was totally oblivious to the fact that Mother's Day was on Sunday.

Oblivious.

And, since there has been zero discussion about Mother's Day with this husby, I had zero expectations.

Really, zero.

D has been very busy with work lately- leaving the house at 6:30, coming home at 6:30,
spending an hour with the boys, doing bedtime, and then doing paperwork until 11.
Sleep, lather, rinse, repeat.

Really, I had zero expectations.

But, on Sunday morning, I awoke to having my decaf coffee already made.  :)

And, he went out with the boys on Thursday night and had them pick put a hanging basket.

It's beautiful.

And they had a sweet card.

It was wonderful.

After church, I fed the family, and D took A to our old neighbor's house to install some shelving.

C. and I cuddled on the couch...and I konked out.

Oblivious to the entire world around me for an entire blissful hour.

Since my nap was totally rejuvenating, I decided to (call my mom, first...then)
took C. to Meijer where we picked out some things for an activity I could do with the boys.

This activity also doubled as a grandma's Mother's Day present.

So, I got quality time with the boys, and we have presents to deliver to grandma's.




Win/ win in my book.  :)

Then, thanks to an amazingly generous tip from a D&J customer, we had a gift certificate to go out to dinner.

Mother's Day was the perfect excuse to use it.  :)

(unfortunately, I burned my pinky finger on my super hot plate :(   )

At least the food was good. 

Hooray for great a Mother's Day!


I hope your day was as great and blessed as mine was!

2 comments:

Sarann said...

Sounds great, happy belated Mother's Day!

Mama M. said...

Sounds fabulous!! And...will we get to see the finished project?!