Don't get me wrong....I am a contented person. I give thanks to God for every single solitary blessing he's given me. And I try not to worry about finances...but at some level, I think everyone does.
Someone asked me yesterday what I would do if I had a million dollars. Which got me thinking...so I thought I'd put it in a post.
1. Finish the house. Oh, to not live in a construction site! I'd decorate to my heart's content and love every minute of it. Pottery barn desk, here I come!
2. My teeth. I have a mouth full of amalgam fillings. Full. Two dentists have informed me that they are starting to fail (since I had them filled at such an early age). And studies have shown that they do indeed seep mercury into our bloodstream. I'd love to get them all replaced. The smallest quote I've received for this is $3000.
3. New van. Actually, I should say new/used. Even though I had money to burn, I'd still be smart with it. Thanks, Dave Ramsey for the education.
4. Vacation. The right way. Fly far far away (preferably to the Rhine River Valley in Germany and cruise up the river), lots of bad-for-you food, lots of fun, great photographs.
5. Brand new top of the line DSLR camera. All the lenses. All the fun stuff. Start my fun little side-show business. This would be more hobby than business. But, man...I'd have fun!
6. Fun car. 1969 Food Mustang Convertible. Please.
7. Fully fund my boys' college funds. Which right now are non-existent.
8. Fully fund our retirement. Which does exist....but....well, whatever....
9. Get Dave a Sprinter van for work. These are really cool looking and really economical on gas. Unfortunately, they run around $25,000. I hate that he uses an old beat up van for work everyday. It works, and its paid for...but we have to revisit the same issue every 3 years.
10. Give the rest away. All the bases are covered and we've had some fun....now it's time to be generous with our gifts. (Assuming that the tithe was taken care of right off the bat....which is why it's not on the list...it's just a given). There's a few local charities that I'd love to support, and I'd give a bit more to some programs that need funding.