Monday, September 26, 2011

What we did on dat dere tinniversary alternately titled: My First Trip to the Big House

The night of our tenth anniversary was rather uneventful.

I made the World's Best Vegetable Soup.

Dave brought me a beautiful flower arrangement.

I gave him a silly card.

We ate dinner with the family.

The boys did homework.

I did some audits.

We went to sleep.

Other than the fact the my husband hasn't brought me flowers since....



Valentine's Day!

(He's really a good guy, just doesn't do the whole flower-thing)

Anyway, the flowers were/are beautiful.

They smell fantastic.

Perhaps I"ll take a picture and share them.

Or, perhaps I'll just hoard them and enjoy them for myself.

Anyway, a dear friend of mine has season tickets to the Big House.

(for those of you who don't know...that's U of M's stadium)

We're big Michigan fans.

She and her husband gifted them to us.

It was AWESOME to surprise D with these tickets.

(turns out he was going to surprise me with a dinner and had already coordinated babysitting!- I figure he can do that another weekend, I wanted to go see some Michigan football)

So, I went out and treated myself to a new Michigan shirt (my old one was too big!)

And I grabbed some ribbons to french braid into my hair.

Here's my crappy attempt to show you the blue ribbon in the braid.
You can see a wee-little bit:

Since D. doesn't drink, we decided to have a little picnic by our car before the game.

G-rated tail gating, I guess.

We walked about a mile to get into the Big House.

Here's our self-portrait. 

We were in row 32.

It was awesome.

I don't know what the heck I'm doing with my smile here.

Nerd alert:

Go marching band!!!

They even did a little "Thriller" Dance.

I found myself a little jealous of the color guard.

There were three ladies in front of us.  One mother, two daughters.

Every time the Big House Cam was on, the mom held up this itty bitty sign hoping to be noticed.

Only she wouldn't hold it high, and it was written in yellow.

Apparently, she needs a lesson in signage.

It read:  "Hi Uncle  Mikey!  We know you're watching.  We finally made it to the Big House!"

Uncle Mikey, I hope you're reading this blog...
...because that's the only way you're going to see the itty bitty sign.

The stadium...the bright maize is the student section.

We were in the 234th game with more than 100,000 fans in attendance.

There were a total of 110,707 people there.

Approximately 45 of them were San Diego State fans.

Another self portrait

I'm looking a little less dorky (question mark)

At the end of the night- another view of the braid...

Again, you can barely see the ribbon.

So glad I spent so much effort on it.


All in all, it was a fantastic way to celebrate our anniversary!


Anonymous said...

So fun! Seriously - you guys are so cute I can even be happy about the Big House ;)

Rach said...

awesome! The first and only time I went the the Big was rainy and freezing! We left at half time because it was so cold and we were told my mother-in-law had cancer. Maybe I should visit again to have a better experience so I don't associate it with misery.