Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'll admit it: I'm a gamer

Yep...you read that right.  I'm a gamer.  I love playing board games.  The logic, the togetherness. the fun, the victory!  (well, if you play it right).  Here's a list of my favorites.


1. Settlers of Catan. 


Right now my ultimate favorite.  First introduced to it by the Hassenrik's.  There's a few different versions, but we haven't played the Traders and Barbarians yet.  3/4 of our small group gets together to play, and its a blast.  Certainly my favorite right now.

2.  Life.

I've always loved this game since I was little.  If I saw it in my friend's game closets, I always grabbed it first.  I loved the imagination of the different routes you can take in Life.  I have a lot of great memories with childhood friends and this game.

3.  Balderdash.

The only game where it's ok to lie.    Tons of fun to make up words too.  Love it.  My favorite made-up defination  from this game was for "Bodkin."  He said it was a "midge corpse."  Made up by a member of our small group - everyone knew it was the false defination, but he won based solely on "style points."

4.  Phase 10.

This is my one of my favorite games because my sister-in-law loves to play it. I still remember learning to play it at their kitchen table in Germany.  It's a relatively easy game to learn.  If you can do Uno, you can do Plase 10.  Speaking of Uno....

5.  Uno

This reminds me of playing while we were camping.  The kids didn't know how to play euchre yet, so we played Uno.  Uno Attack is also a favorite of mine.  You can get really nasty while playing that game.

6.  Hugger Mugger.

Book worms unite!  If you can unscramble words, and put like words together, you are golden in this game.  I'm not sure this game is even on the market anymore.  My aunt has it...one more reason to go back to Kentucky.

7.  Euchre.

If you're from Michigan, you are familiar with this game.  Euchre parties, Euchre tournaments, you name it.  I love Euchre.

8.  Battle of the Sexes.

This pits sexes against each other.  How much do you know about the world of the opposite sex?  I love this game because my not-being-a-girly-girl has come in handy more than once in this game.

9.  Scattergories.

Yet another word game.  Can you tell I'm a book worm?

10.  Monopoly.

Yep, I like that game.  Capitalism at its finest.


All photos courteousy of google search.


Top Ten {Tuesday}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't playing Hugger Mugger or Battle of the Sexes but I LOVE all the rest of these! Seriously fun! Game night?

Joy and Randy said...

I played Settlers of Catan over at Liz and Chad's house while we were there. I had never heard of it before, but it was ALOT of fun!!!