2. Something is happening tomorrow that I'm growing increasingly nervous and anxious about.
3. And I had a discouraging day yesterday - which compounded my nerves and anxiety.
4. Fortunately, God placed some pretty awesome people in my life to help me while I limp along.
5. They're keeping my eyes on Him.
6. And helping me close the door to negative self-talk.
7. Which I'm very prone to do to myself.
8. So, please pray for me today and tomorrow.
9. I'll post tomorrow (afternoon) and fill y'all in.
10. But for now, just please pray.
Ok....now let's have some fun!
1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
Oh....I was such a naive little girl. Dreams of white picket fences have made way with kitchen ceiling critters. My two story cape cod has been replaced with the Love Shack. My dreams of the "million dollar famly" (one boy and one girl) have been replaced by my two boys. My Ken Barbie husband has been replaced with the hottest, most honest carpenter.
I wouldn't change a thing. God certainly knows what he's doing. And I'm thankful that he didn't give me the desires of my seven-year-old heart. These two boys are such a blessing and a joy of my heart. My husband? Well....frankly, he puts Ken Barbie to shame with his hotness. My house...while I'd prefer to be done with the whole construction zone thing, is not only teaching me a valuable lesson in patience, but it's also giving me a blessing of a NEW house without a mortgage payment to accompany it. That's way better than any 7 year old's keeping-up-with-the-joneses/i-need-stuff-to-impress-everyone-else dream.
2. What is one must have item for the summer?
I have two. Sorry, not playing by the rules here.
First, bug spray. I hate bug bites. I really dislike bugs period. Gross.
Second, Tevas. I have found that they are the only summer sandal that fits my uber flat feet without causing my hips to ache or blisters on my feet. No cheap knock-offs for me. They don't work right. A $35 lesson I've recently learned. Ugh.
3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
Yes, we do! My thought on it is, #1, it gives my boys something do work on while I work. #2, it keeps their minds sharp. #3, while all the other kids are "catching up" at the beginning of the school year, my boys are just fine. I dig that. I also like having something educational to do with them in the summer.
4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
I do some freezing, but I'd love to get into canning more. Growing up, my parents canned SO much! We had fresh canned produce from my dads garden almost all winter. It was wonderful. And it saves our bodies from the chemicals of packaging in plants and factories. I'm loving that idea! So, strawberry season is fast approaching! I'm all over it....right, Kathy?!?!?
5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
Depends on what we've got going on. If I'm working out later in the morning, I'm in jammies until I work out. If I have to get somewhere, I'll get ready, but not put a lot of effort into it until after my work out. If I'm not working out, then yes...I get ready right away. If I stay in jammies that I'm more prone to lounge and be unproductive.
Have a great weekend everyone!