2. Good Friday today.
3. Observing Good Friday (at least, for me) makes Easter that much sweeter!
4. D. has been fighting a virus he just can't shake.
5. I don't think it helps that he's horribly dehydrated.
6. My spring cleaning bug-up-butt seems to be petering out.
7. I still have a few organizational challenges that I'd like to cross off the list, though.
8. Then I'll bid my bug farewell.
9. A. is off school today and Monday in observance of the weekend.
10. I LOVE having them both around, but it takes a lot more work to keep them both alive.
Ok, Five Question Friday...If you haven't tried this totally fun, easy meme, I really encourage you to join in.
1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?
Church! I love the celebratory feeling on Easter Sunday! The smell of the church fragrant with lilies, the cute outfits, the awesome service....knowing death has no power over those that love Christ.
2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
I'm a long, hot shower kind of person. Ha! How's that for a politician's answer!
I'm just not a big fan of soaking in my own filth. I'm also not known for taking short showers.
3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?
Yes, yes I can. Or, I could.... I think the last time I did it was in driver's training. (Which, by the way, I was the BEST at in my class...got a little certificate for it and everything). And driver's training was approximately 19 years ago (OUCH!!!), so I'm honestly not sure about my skillz in that area.
BUT, I still remember all the steps to it....does that count?
4. What is your favorite Easter candy?
The Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. Oh so good. (Gluten free too!)
5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?
My boys don't believe in the Easter Bunny. We started with the whole bunny thing when A. was little, but realized that it's not really that important to the holiday. The boys still get Easter Baskets, but they know it comes from D. and I. We never really told them that the Easter Bunny doesn't exist, but we've never talked about him either. We really do focus on the REAL reason behind Easter and that we celebrate that - which is TONS better than any silly egg-laying-rabbit.
Funny story, though- C. and I were at Walgreen's the other day, and a lady (who CLEARLY needed a lesson in boundaries- she was the closest-talker I have ever met) asked C. if the Easter Bunny was coming to our house and what he was going to get. C. looked at her funny and said, "Silly! There's no Easter Bunny!" And then he laughed right at her. Yeah....you should have seen the stink eye (and subsequent deep inhale) she gave me.
That being said, I'm not opposed to saying hello the funny bunny (read: the poor person shoved and sweating inside a fuzzy polyester outfit) with the boys. Case in point: