Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Friday List (and some 5QF!)

1.  Yesterday I was wearing Valentine's Day socks.

2.  I decided it was time to fold the overflowing basket of clean socks.

3.  I spent 1 hour folding 135 pairs of socks.

4.  Then went to the dryer to find my pajamas.

5.  No pajamas.

6.  But I found more socks.

7.  Lots of them.

8.  I wanted to cry.

9.  I have done an entire Random Friday post on my bad housekeeping habits.

10.  I have no life.






Ok...5QF!  Want to join?  Head on over to M's blog and join in!  Even us once-every-2-month-sock-folders can do this!

1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?

Jillian Michaels.  I'd love to see what she's like behind closed doors. I bet she has a chocolate stash.

2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?

Budget, baby!  Each gift recepient has an allotted amount of money saved for them.  I'm a great gift giver (one of my dominant love languages), and I have an entire year to shop, so I do pretty good on the budget.  I keep remindng myself that if I overspend on one person, I have to take from someone else.  It also helps that we keep it very simple (immediate family only).

3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?

Oh, I don't know.  There was one when I was a kid (seventh grade, if I recall correctly)- there was this meal replacement shake that you could drink, refrigerate (for pudding) or freeze (for ice cream), but it tasted like dookie, and gave me an upset stomach. Yes, my body image issues began at an early age.

4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?

Yes, and I hate to admit it.  Gilmore Girls.  I've never seen an episode air on TV.  I've only seen them via Netflix.  When I was first pregnant with C, we (A and I) were quarantined to the house because I was exposed to meningitis. That was during our free trial to Neflix.  I watched a LOT of Gilmore Girls.  I got hooked.  The sarcasm just speaks to me.  Oh, how I love sarcasm.  Oh, what a sad existance I lead.
5. What one song always pulls at your heart?

I always go back to the old-school hymns.  "Beautiful Savior" always gives me goose bumps.

Contemporary songs?  "You're in the arms of the angels" by Sarah MacLaughlin.  I will always remember this song.  My best friend's daughter passed away from a freak accident on Halloween night twelve years ago.  She was 2 1/2 years old.  This was the first song I heard on my car radio as I left the hospital that night.  Everytime I hear it, I think of sweet little Natalie in her pink bunny suit.  What a sweet little angel.

1 comment:

René (aka Tweeter Bug) said...

Stopping by from 5QF.

I love your blog! Star's Hollow fans unite! I never get tired of the sarcasm and banter!

Thanks for sharing!