Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Picture story: defined. Part 5.

Back to the picture story!

See this picture?

Well, it's my desk phone.

It's the phone on my soon-to-be-old desk.

What do I do?

Well, I work with numbers.

And I work from home.

Really, being able to work from home has been a blessing and a curse all at the same time.

I'm working constantly on finding balance.

Kids, work, house, spouse, God, me...

There's just not enough time.

There's not enough of me to keep everyone happy.

When I work hard, the kids and the house falter.

When I act like the mom and wife I think I should be, well, I really get yelled at from work.

Hearing often that "you're best isn't good enough" is really hard to hear all.the.time.

Is it my Internet connection?

I don't know.

I seem to be putting in tons of hours and tons of stress, with small returns.

I only get one chance to mother these boys.  Am I doing it right?

I'm already farming them out to others...

But I did it.

I got a definitive (minimum) amount of things I needed to turn in every week.

I got them done.

6 weeks in a row, actually.

I've hardly talked to my kids, and I'm stressed to the max,

but I did it.

Let's hope that I can find balance, happiness, and still have enough left over for my family.

No comments: