For one reason or another, I've been in a reflective mood lately. Working on my own ambitions, goals, hopes, desires, etc. But also working on who I am. What kind of friend am I? What kind of wife am I? What kind of mom am I? What kind of servant am I? Where can I improve? What fits with my basic personality type? WHAT IS MY BASIC PERSONALITY TYPE?!?!?
1. I'm not a "closer." To quote my friend, Gina, "I can rock the first 90% like no one's business! That last 10% just sucks the life out of me." Yep...me too. The last bits of a project- when I'm SO close to being done- are the bits that move like molasses.
2. I am not a morning person. Like at all. I'm not grumpy...I'm just.....not there. Mindless. In ept.
3. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. You heard me. I know what I'm capable of...and I know I can work. I can learn just about anything and do it for an extended period of time. But, I want to find something that I look forward to doing. Something that doesn't have me DREADING getting out of bed in the morning. It's a ways off before I need to worry about reentering the work force, but I have a feeling it will be here before I know it- time to start getting my ducks in a row.
4. I have a travel-bug, but haven't travelled much in the last 10 years.
5. It's been more than 2 years since we put Molly down, and I still find myself missing that crazy dog every darn day. Every time I see a friend who has to put a pet down, my heart hurts for them. The only way to describe it is truly "heart breaking."
6. I hold grudges. This is something I'm desperately working on. It affects me negatively. It affects my friendships. It's horrible! (And it's usually about the small stuff too- not the big stuff. Why can I forgive the big stuff but hoard grudges against the small stuff??? I'm working on it!!!)
7. I don't like sexist people....of either gender.
8. I wish I could quote Scripture like I quote movies. One time watching a movie, and I'm quoting it in daily life. I could read Scripture over and over and over again....and my mind is like Teflon.
9. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE quoting movie lines!!! If I find someone who can quote like me- we are instant friends.
10. I loathe cleaning. Really, I do. I do not find it rewarding. I take care of my home because that's what we're supposed to do, and my husband is busy winning bread....but I do not enjoy it one little bit. And with that, I'm off to clean some toilets!!!