Friday, June 20, 2014

A few tidbits about me you may (or may not) know

For one reason or another, I've been in a reflective mood lately.  Working on my own ambitions, goals, hopes, desires, etc.  But also working on who I am.  What kind of friend am I?  What kind of wife am I?  What kind of mom am I?  What kind of servant am I?  Where can I improve?  What fits with my basic personality type?  WHAT IS MY BASIC PERSONALITY TYPE?!?!?


1.  I'm not a "closer."  To quote my friend, Gina, "I can rock the first 90% like no one's business!  That last 10% just sucks the life out of me."  Yep...me too.  The last bits of a project- when I'm SO close to being done- are the bits that move like molasses.

2.  I am not a morning person.  Like at all.  I'm not grumpy...I'm just.....not there.  Mindless.  In ept.

3.  I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.  You heard me.  I know what I'm capable of...and I know I can work.  I can learn just about anything and do it for an extended period of time.  But, I want to find something that I look forward to doing.  Something that doesn't have me DREADING getting out of bed in the morning.  It's a ways off before I need to worry about reentering the work force, but I have a feeling it will be here before I know it- time to start getting my ducks in a row.

4.  I have a travel-bug, but haven't travelled much in the last 10 years.

5.  It's been more than 2 years since we put Molly down, and I still find myself missing that crazy dog every darn day.  Every time I see a friend who has to put a pet down, my heart hurts for them.  The only way to describe it is truly "heart breaking."

6.  I hold grudges.  This is something I'm desperately working on.  It affects me negatively.  It affects my friendships.  It's horrible!  (And it's usually about the small stuff too- not the big stuff.  Why can I forgive the big stuff but hoard grudges against the small stuff???  I'm working on it!!!)

7.  I don't like sexist people....of either gender. 

8.  I wish I could quote Scripture like I quote movies.  One time watching a movie, and I'm quoting it in daily life.  I could read Scripture over and over and over again....and my mind is like Teflon.

9. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE quoting movie lines!!!  If I find someone who can quote like me- we are instant friends. 

10.  I loathe cleaning.  Really, I do.  I do not find it rewarding.  I take care of my home because that's what we're supposed to do, and my husband is busy winning bread....but I do not enjoy it one little bit.  And with that, I'm off to clean some toilets!!!

No comments: