Friday, July 19, 2013

5QF

I've just realized that I haven't posted anything in a week.

Summer is just too much fun!

And also, I can't believe it's Friday!


I have approximately 19 minutes and 30 seconds (approximately....) to finish this blog post, fold laundry and put it away.  I'm a mom on a mission to clean up my fun-filled-hit-by-the-week house.  My basement (where I fold said laundry) is starting to look like a clothing-filled version of Hoarders.

Ok...questions:


1. What is one thing you have too many of in your house?


Too MANY of???

Spiders.

Dust.

How about this....overflowing garbage cans. 

Which just reminded me to add it to my list of things to do in the next...

18 minutes and 14 seconds...


2. Did anything go not quite as planned on your wedding day?

Hmmmm... How about our two horribly drunken groomsmen.  They were also supposed to be our ushers...but were too busy drinking it up and smoking outside to do it.  And when they actually did it, they REAKED of smoke and Jack Daniels.  It was horrible.  So, my sister-in-law jumped to the rescue, and I didn't even know about it until later that evening.  (Thanks, Kris!)  I did, however, know that they were DRUNK.  Dave yelled at them, and Kris' mom actually gave them a smack upside the head.  Literally.  :)
3. What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe?

Right now, I enjoy a Raspberry cheesecake smoothie.  Greek yogurt (or vanilla protein shake mix...I prefer Herbalife vanilla PDM), a TBSP of cheesecake jello pudding mix, fresh (or frozen, but they're in season right now, so get 'em while the gettin' is good.) raspberries, ice, almond milk. 

Mmmmmmmm.  Oh, so good.

4. What is the weather like where you are?

HAWT!  Oppressively hot.  It started at 81 today.  We've been in the mid 90's all week with heat indexes over 100.  This afternoon a cold front is supposed to blow through....thank goodness!

It's been too hot to send the boys outside for more than 30 minutes here and there...the bickering is starting to drive me insane.  OUTSIDE!!!

5. What is your favorite book to read to your kids?

Hmmmm, that's a good one!  I have many favorite books that I read to the boys- it usually depends on my mood.  When the words have a great rythm, I really enjoy it.    One of our favorites is Dear Polar Bear.  It's a Scholastic Book.  The bears write letters to each other from all over the world trying to solve Polar Bear's problems.  They LOVE looking at maps to see where the bears are and they LOVE reading the "mail" in the book.  We've had that book for 5 years now, and it still gets read at least once a week.  I'd say it's a keeper.  :)



WHEW!  Made it with 10 minutes to go!  Laundry calls!

3 comments:

Eastlyn and co. said...

Your smoothie recipe sounds heavenly. I'll have to try that! Good luck completing your tasks. I should be doing the same (but obviously, I'm floating around in the blogopshere instead)!

Mama M. said...

That smoothie recipe DOES sound heavenly!!! And that book...I need to get it! I think I remember that from a favorite book link up that I had? anyway, with your heat description of last week, it's almost as if we ARE neighbors! Is it cooler now? Less humid? That's what we've got!

Anonymous said...

I need to try that smoothie recipe - sounds divine!