Friday, July 12, 2013

5QF - fast summer edition

Happy Friday, friends!



Whew, this week FLEW by.



How can we make summer slow down a bit?!?!?



I have all these fun plans to do with the boys, and hardly any of them have happened yet. I should make a summer bucket list.



Yes.



That is what I'll do this weekend. Summer bucket list.



See? Sometimes I can be the fun mom. :)

1. Would you rather pay for house cleaner or spa day?

Hmmmmm, I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of this house cleaning thingy...(more on that later), so I'd go with a spa.



Besides, even if I came home to a messy house- I wouldn't care. Because I'd still be basking in my spa- bliss. Ahhhhh, just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed. I can smell the Aveda now....

2. Who plans what gifts you get for holidays, you or your spouse?


Gift-giving is all me. All me. Even gifts for myself...all me.



Before you get all *huffy about it, I must say that I'm totally ok with that. Gift-giving is NOT a language Dave speaks naturally. When he does try, he does “ok” but not spectacular....he just doesn't think that way. Instead of getting all snotty about it, I accept that, and still go out and get what I really want.



I'm happy, he's happy....nuthin' wrong with that. :)


3. How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you need more?


I usually sleep from 11 until 7(ish). Most times, Baby L. has me up in the 2's, and my bladder has me up in the 3's. Last night, I blissfully slept through it all. Amazing.

I will say this, though...I'm doing a detox program, and this morning, I was bright eyed and bushy tailed right away at 6am. After getting to bed around midnight. Wide awake, refreshed, and ready to go. Amazing.


4. Do you like your hair long or short?


Medium. How's that for a politician's answer?!?! Ha!



Actually, I do believe that I'm due for a cut. And possibly a new style? Not sure.



Perhaps I'm just bored of my current style and just in need of a healthy trim. Any ideas out there, blogosphere????


5. When was the last time you were pulled over and what was it for?

Speeding, speeding and more speeding. I do have a lead foot. I'm not proud of it, but it is just physically incapable of driving slow. Seriously... The last time (about 5 months ago) I got pulled over, I was on the way home from my parent's house. All three kids were sleeping, so I switched the radio station and one of my favorite songs was on. I turned it up and shouted along. I wasn't paying attention and got hit with the radar. I was surprised when she pulled me over because I was in the middle of a group of cars, and a few of them were passing me...but whatevs. I told her the truth (got lost in the music and didn't pay attention). Then she saw my driver's license and it turns out that she grew up less than ½ a mile from my current house.



So, I got a warning. Whew...dodged that bullet. :)





Happy Weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

I'm completely with you on #2. In fact, we don't even do Christmas presents for each other. And, I usually tell him not to bother with a b-day gift for me. It's really stressful for him, so I'd rather just enjoy the day. He usually takes off work early so that's gift enough for me. If there is something I want, I give him specific ideas so he doesn't have to guess.
As for the hair? I had to go to a salon. I told the receptionist I needed someone who could come up with a look that goes well with this face. She hooked me up with the perfect gal, and I've been a happy camper ever since.

Eastlyn and co. said...

Hi Sandy! I'm back from5QF. I'm all about getting my own gifts, too...takes the stress off of everyone involved. I'm a terrible gift giver, so I'd just as soon people tell me specifically what they want. I hate giving gifts that I never see people use or wear. Was it the wrong size or color? Did they throw it away? Was all of my thoughtful shopping for naught? You must have some heavy sleepers for kids if they slept through your singing and being pulled over! LOL

Mama M. said...

I knew I shoulda just bought that darned sign when I saw it. Instead, I'm always stuck with beef jerky and pepsi and berries. Ew.

I need to take a page from your book!

Felicia said...

My husband is the one with the lead foot in our household. We've been married 6 years and he's gotten 2 warnings and 3 tickets. Sigh...and to think I let him get the Dodge Challenger, what was I thinking.

We do the same for presents. Normally I give him a list, a very detailed list, and he picks from there but this last year he just gave me my money and I went and picked up what I want, then came home wrapped it and put it under the tree.

Just works better that way.