Friday, April 27, 2012

5QF

FRIDAY, FRIDAY!

Hooray!  We have survived another week!

And what a week it was....

I have no other witty repartee to write...so I'm just going to go straight to the questions today:




1. Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?


No, but I do make them at least try everything that's on there.  And I make them do age bites of veggies (If you're 4, you need 4 bites, etc.).  If they leave the table without eating a sufficient amount of protein and veggies, they know that there's no snack for the evening.

2. Do you give an allowance?

No.  The boys are on a commission based system.  (Thank you, Dave Ramsey!)  They each have jobs that they can do throughout the week, and a few jobs to do once a week.  Each of them has the ability to make about $3.50/ week with their commissions.  Most of the time, they're lucky to scrape out $1.00. 

This always comes in handy at the store when they ask for something, and I say "Where's your money?"  They usually say, "I only made $1 last week!"  And then I run down the list of things on their sheet that could earn them more money next week.

It gives them the power to earn money, and I'm not the bad guy for "always" saying no at the store.  They have the ability to say "yes" to purchasing it if they'd work for it.


3. Do you actually park your car in the garage?

BWHAHAHA!!!!  I'm married to a contractor.  The garage is his workshop.

Actually, wait...I've parked in the garage twice.  The first time was when we were moving out of our old house.  The tools were all out of the garage, so I parked in there.

The second time was here at the Love Shack.  We were under a brutal ice storm warning, so D moved everything and put both of our cars in the garage.  Nice, huh?


4. What is one food you will NEVER cook?

Aspic.  I watched the movie "Julie & Julia" and she was talking about an Aspic- which is literally meat-fat jelly.  Totally grossed me out.

Also, I won't fry fish.  My dad used to fry it at their house when I lived there, and the fumes bothered my eyes so badly, I'd have to lay in my room with a wet washcloth over my eyes the rest of the night.  Not to mention the nasty smell that seemed to permeate from our clothing for the next week...ugh.

So, I will NOT fry fish in my house.  Gross.

5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?

We have a few weekend jaunts planned, but nothing far away at all.  With the baby and the addition, we're sticking close to home just in case something happens and to watch the budget.  We'll find fun stuff to do, though.  At least, I'm hoping so!
 


4 comments:

Tracey said...

I love your commission idea for allowances...that is the way we run it too! You have the potential to earn....

Monica B said...

I love the commissioned allowance too! Seems like a lot of people won't cook fish! Interesting!

Mama M. said...

Hmmmmm...commission earnings?! LOVE that idea! Thinking of you and your sweet babe often...how are things? You're due in the fall, right? Bummer...wish I could snuggle that babe if we make it to Michigan this summer! (Acutally, I LOVE the idea of Michigan! Tell me more...)

Michelle B said...

We have "no thank you" bites - like you, they have to try something but don't have to eat it all. And then politely say, "No thank" you when offered more ;)