Ummm, apparently, I'm a slow learner. Or a glutton for punishment...or both.
But I figured I had better post these lessons learned so you can learn from my mistakes:
1. Twizzlers are NOT gluten free. And even if they haven't bothered the digestive tract in the past, they are still NOT gluten free, and therefore need to be avoided. They will wreck havoc.
2. When you have written the last check in the register, kindly go get the next book and insert it into the folder RIGHT AWAY. There's nothing more embarrasing than waiting to write the tithe check until you're sitting in the pew (cause, you know, I'm incapable of filling it out ahead of time), and having no checks to write.
3. Just because the entree you ordered for your husband's birthday dinner was gluten free, doesn't mean that the seasoning they put on your steamed broccoli wasn't. Ugh.
4. Painting walls with two little boys while trying to surprise their dad who is away at deer camp is only an adventure for the first 5 minutes. This project is likely to take 2-4 hours.
5. Rehydration after the stomach flu (when you have adrenal insuffieicncy) takes longer than others. Take it easy and don't overdo it. Pushing yourself will likely cause relapse in adrenal issues.
6. Be thankful for friends who are willing and able to hook you up with a cocktail during a meeting at their house- especially after a long hard day and weekend.