2. Or this year.
3. Or this decade.
4. I don't know what its deal is, but I want a new gut.
5. I'm getting a crap load of work done this week.
6. My house is showing wear because of it, though.
7. I need to find balance.
8. Our house has been without milk since Monday.
9. You know you need to go grocery shopping when:
10. Your six year old wakes you up at 6:30am with a shopping list placed on your nightstand.
1. If you could have any talent and turn it into an occupation, what would it be?
Hands down- photography. I love it. Love it. Landscape, portrait, all of it. Love it.
Except I don't think it will ever happen. Here's the thing, everyone is purchasing the great super expensive cameras and snapping away. Professional photographers are becoming a thing of the past. Nowadays (with the overwhelming purchasing of uber expensive cameras), everyone considers themselves a photographer. So, there's no demand for someone with limited means (i.e. me, who can't afford all that equipment) to join in.
Bummer girl, she delivers....
2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?
Cabin in the woods. Oh, heaven.
I grew up on Lake Michigan, so I am kind of a water girl. The waves, the boat motors in the background, listening to a storm roll in off the lake in the middle of the night...those are very addictive sounds.
How about- a cabin in the woods on a secluded lake.
Yep, that's my final answer.
3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?
Their middle names are family names.
A's middle name exists in both families. It is my father-in-law's first name, my husband's middle name, my father's middle name, my brother's middle name, and my nephew's middle name. So, we took that name and just beat it to the ground. :)
C's middle name is my husband's first name, and my oldest brother's first name.
Their first names? No meaning behind them. They were just the only ones we could agree* on.
*This really is a story for a whole 'nother post.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)
Reading. I really enjoy reading. Magazines, books, paper, Internet. I love it all. Wish I had time to do more.
5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?
See #6 in my Random Friday list- above.
It's straightened....for the most part. We each have our "piles" that need to be gone through.
Then, about once a quarter, my husband's OCD gets the best of him, and he starts rocking...and cleaning everything in sight. Then we all join in and help until the house is spotless.
I once saw a sign for a wall that said, "A spotless house is a sign of a wasted life."
I love that. Not that maintaining your house is a waste, but the whole spotless thing just kills me. I really want my boys to remember a mom who spends time having fun with them...not cleaning everything in sight.
But that could just me my not-at-all-a-type-A personality coming through.