Friday, November 26, 2010

Random Friday List (and some 5QF!)

1.  I did not step foot in a store today.

2.  It felt great!

3.  I did shop, however.

4.  D. did end up getting sick....ish.

5.  He had a whonky stomach for about 8 hours.

6.  Today, my dad is sick.

7.  Again friends....sorry for sharing.

8.  Our Christmas decorations have been up for a week.

9.  My house feels cozy.

10.  D. as making furniture for me today.  Yahoo!

Ok, Five Question Friday!!!




1. What is your favorite part of a Thanksgiving meal?


I love the smells and the feeling of cozy family time that accompanies a meal like Thanksgiving.  Food that's been made over and over again seems to envoke some awesome memories of holidays past and the wonderful people who made them:  My Aunt Corrine used to make the BEST cranberry sauce, my grandma R. used to make lefse' that I LOVED, and my grandma B. used to make pickled peaches.  It's amazing how certain sensations can bring you right back.



2. Are you a host or a guest for Thanksgiving this year?
I'm a guest.  I've actually always been a guest.  I've, fortunately, never had to tackle the bird.  However, this year, I started contributing toward the dinner.  I'm assuming it will only be a matter of time before I'm mastering the art of the Thanksgiving dinner as hostess.



3. When you think of one Thanksgiving tradition, what comes to mind?
Church, family, Macy's Thankgiving day parade...



4. You have two pieces of pie in front of you and you HAVE to eat one...do you choose pumpkin or pecan?
Pumpkin....all the way.


5. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?


I used to be, but not anymore.  Not only do the boys put a damper on getting out, but by the time BF rolls around, I'm pretty much done with my shopping.  Plus, I tend to get a tad sickened by all the people RUNNING and SHOVING each other for a stupid piece of merchandise.  Really, people?  Willing to compromise integrity for a little out of control stuffitis?

I really used to love the hunt of bargins.  I think the last time I went out on BF, I was 38 weeks pregnant with A.  My sister-in-law was visiting and came with us.  She made it through one store before she was puking outside of Target.  Early mornings apparently aren't for the faint of heart.  :) 

No comments: