Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Down to one

Adam is at camp this week. We drop him off at the bus stop at 7:40 am and pick him up at 5:20. Long day, right? Being down to one child in my care should be easier, right?

Wrong.

I'm not sure if it's Colin's age, or the fact that he's used to having a brother to entertain him and antagonize...but one is so much harder than two.

Colin climbs much better than Adam did at this age. So, you'd think that my digital camera placed on top of a cabinet, inside a camera case would be safe wouldn't you? Not with Crazy Colin! After leaving the bathroom (that I was in for less than 6 minutes!), Colin approached me carrying my camera. When I looked at the card, I found this:

Even crazier- in order to record this, he had to turn it on, change modes, hit a special record button, and stop it. Insane.

I'm sooo not sure what I'll do when Adam is in school full time this year. I'm getting no work (audits) done, and my house is an absolute mess. I do know that I only have one month to figure it all out!

On the other hand, I'm getting a lot of great face time with Colin, and realizing that he understands a lot more than I gave him credit for! I know that it will feel like a blink of an eye before he's driving, and I do enjoy this undivided time with him. He is such a blessing. But, work is a blessing too, and I need to get it done so I can keep getting blessed!

One thing has me totally excited. Tomorrow my mom is coming to get Colin and will keep him until Friday. This means I will get almost 2 full days without children. And those evenings, we can give Adam some undivided attention. What ever will I do with all that time?!?!?!? That answer is easy-

Work, work, clean, work, work, clean, clean, work and eat lunch at an appropriate time. I'm so grateful for my mom. :)

3 comments:

Rach said...

YES! Go Sandy. What you really mean is relax, nap, eat, sleep, relax, eat some more, go out with Rach for drinks.

Mom said...

ON Friday, your dad and I will say how much we miss Colin between naps from recuperating from his mass destruction.:)

Just the 5 of us said...

I just found your blog (through Kelly's Korner) and read your bio. It's very rare to find ppl who like living debt free. :) That is how we live too! Credit card lovers just don't get us at all. lol We've been reading Dave Ramsey and following his steps. Have you heard of him?