I think about you every night...
And right about now you should have a Neil Diamond song in your head.
My mama raised me right.
(that is, unless I got the lyrics wrong...which could very well have happened)
Here's a few things on my mind lately:
- This week is schitzo. We have meetings every night- except tonight(!), and sometimes double meetings- at which point we need to discuss which ones take priority. I'm tired, and it's only Wednesday. Thank goodness for a night "off."
- Today is school day 100 for my boys! A is a tad on the older side to celebrate such things (his words, not mine), but C is digging it. He was supposed to dress up like he was 100 years old today, and came down in a double hoodie (a hoodie sweatshirt topped off by another zip up hoodie). I asked him if that's how he's going to dress when he gets to be 100, and he said, "yep. I plan to dress young my whole life." #dontevergrowup either that or #peterpansyndrome - I'm hoping for the former. Dave and I don't do basement dwellers.
- I have discovered my love for my crockpot. I'd be lost without it. I swear that thing gets used 3-4 times a week. Anyone have any good crockpot recipes? I'm welcoming applicants. :)
- Baby L. has shots today. I hate you, shots.
- Costco has done it again....they've discontinued an item that we love...well, that Dave loves: small cans of V8. They're a part of his everyday routine. You cannot do that to a dutch boy. That simply will not do, Costco.
- I have (what we think is) a pinched nerve in my neck. On the left side. I do carry Baby L. on that side- as well as slinging my messenger-style over-packed purse over that portion of my neck...so, it was probably only a matter of time before something gave out over there. Either way, I'm in pain...anyone have a heating pad I can borrow?
- Our school auction is coming up in 6 short weeks. I'm coordinating it- along with a great core team of people. But I'm worried about failing, and am scared that so much rides on this event. If you would, please say a prayer for me, for this event, for its success, and for participants (lots of them) to have fun??? Thank you, in advance.
- I've signed up for the Color Run. A. just informed me he'll do it with me. He couldn't have made that decision last week when they were $5 cheaper....nnnnnooooooo.
- For some reason, I got sucked into The Bachelor this season. I've only ever watched one other season- the first. Why, oh why did I feel the need to get roped into this smut?!?!? GAH! Either way you look at it, I'm invested. I frequently miss it on TV, though...but thanks to the Interwebs, I catch up quickly and go on my merry way. Except today...I watched last week's episode and decided I need to know who wins. I googled some spoilers....oye. Now I know how it ends. So, I can stop watching and save myself an hour every week. :)
- Ally has an ear infection that will not quit. We've tried a lot of remedies...and it's still raging. She's not really herself today: laying around and moping. I feel bad for her. I'm afraid a Dr. bill will be in our future for that pup.
- There are days (many many days in a row) where I don't have a second to myself. As witnessed by my lack of blog posts or Facebook posts, I just don't have the time. I can give you a list of everything we're involved in, but then again, so can just about everyone else. Yesterday, I sat down between 10:13 and 10:30- just enough time to rub a kink in Dave's back, chit chat and head to bed. What is relatively funny to me is the perception that "not working" means "doing nothing." And, you know...that's their perception. Their misinformation. I'm ok with that and the ignorant things they say. All I can say is that I'm unbelievably grateful that I don't have the stress of working on top of everything else. I can put 100% of my effort into things that matter to me and my family rather than being stressed out over meeting a quota and ignoring my family. So so grateful.