I tell him about the things I post,
and I promise not to "cross lines," etc,
but he claims that he's never read the blog.
I think he secretly reads it.
(BUSTED baby! Love you tons!)
What tipped me off?
We spent the weekend together.
With the exception of my Saturday night plans, and his plowing all night on Friday...
we were together all blessed weekend.
Either way, it was a perfectly "quiet" weekend.
And just because it wasn't all glitz and glamour doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic.
So...here's the weekend in pictures:
Pink trail mix!
I stuck them in baggies and loaded them up for gifting:
And then...if that wasn't enough, I made a few dozen sugar cookies for C's Valentine's Party yesterday.
3. D took a quick nap, and after he woke up, he offered to take the boys out and about with him for a few hours. (again, reason to make me believe that he read that post).
I decided to start the clean out of the Love Shack. (oh yeah, and I did about 8 loads of laundry)
I found old SD cards filled with precious pictures, and blogged a bit....
But in the end, I was successful at the clean out:
4. While I was cleaning all the old boxes out, I found a bed tent that I originally purchased with A first moved into a big boy bed. I thought that it would add some additional warmth to his bed during the winter months (since the Love Shack has no insulation, and his bed was on an outside wall).
For some reason, it never got assembled.
My first instinct was to pitch it...but I didn't want to throw it away until the boys
trashed had fun with it.
Even D had a good time in there:
The boys even slept in the tent that night. Apparently, the tight quarters were a tad too much for my light sleeping, C....because he ended up heading into his own bed around midnight.
5. Of course, when you work from home...there's always work to be done. So Saturday and Sunday gave me some time to catch up.
6. After D and the boys arrived home on Saturday, he decided that since the Love Shack was getting cleaned out, it was time to move his office over to the new house.
So we spent the next four hours moving computers, file cabinets, storage cabinets, etc.
And set him up in his little dungeon. :)
It's nice because he's about 8 feet from me. (my desk)
It's not so nice because he's about 8 feet from me.
7. Spa night. The other blog I work for had our Christmas party a tad late in the season. February kind of late....but hey....I think it was a splendid idea! Since the blog has grown so much since I first started, there were 6 of us there. (Including some of my favorite people!) She brought in a masseuse and pedicures, lots of wine and some yummy goodies.
The masseuse seriously had me floating on a cloud when she was done with me. After moving all day, I was tense and tight....she worked all my shoulder and neck muscles....hard. She warned me to drink lots of water that night...which I did, but also drank LOTS of wine. Ever since, my shoulders have felt bruised and so sore that I'm not letting anyone touch my shoulders!
But there was laughter....so much laughter that I was crying, my side felt like it was about to split....and I got so dizzy because I couldn't stop laughing enough to breathe. (that's the best, isn't it?!?!?)
Other than my sore shoulders....I also have a party on my toes to remind me of that fun fun night:
8. I made the boys' Valentine's Cards. I saw this idea on Pintrest, and thought it was easy enough. So, thanks to Costco's cheap printing costs and Picasa's free download, the boys and I were able to finish these Valentine's Cards for really cheap. And the boys loved them!
|Before for C.|
|After for A|