Friday, February 24, 2012

5QF

I swear sometimes that if it weren't for 5QF (quite possibly the easiest blog meme on the web) that I wouldn't update for weeks sometimes.  It's just been a crazy busy crazy crazy week.  Did I mention crazy?!?!?

Anyway, the boys are off for a snow day.  Great that I'm still in my jammies sitting here at the keyboard.  Bad that my boys are already at each other's throats, and are in need of constant direction lately.  I'm gonna be a tired mama tonight!  Thank goodness basketball is cancelled.

On a separate note, D and I can't figure out of Molly is sick or just psycho.  We switched her food not long ago, and one morning while she was eating the fire alarm went off.  (Which FREAKS her out!!!) Now she won't eat.  We weren't sure if it was the cheap food or the Pavlovian response to the alarm, so I went out and spent a million dollars on a small bag of dog food, and she ate it once...and now won't touch it.  So, we've been mixing people food in with it to trick her into eating.  This morning, she ate around the  dog food to eat just the cheese...and 5 minutes later, it all came back up.  Sigh....I'm really worried about the old girl.

Ok...let's answer some questions, shall we?!?!?

1. What's your favorite way to spend down time (alone or with a significant other)?


I do love to spend time with D.  And I love to spend time by myself too.  But, since our time is just so crazy, and I'm the type of person that THRIVES on attention, I'd go with time with D.  The more time we get together, the more we're in tune to each other.

2. Are you the kind of person that wants things more as soon as you know you can't have it?

Oh......HECK YEAH!  You tell me I can't have something, and that's all I can think about.  Well, not really.  Depends on what it is.  When I first gave up gluten, I had a 30 day trial.  I literally had a COUNT DOWN on the calendar until I could enjoy the sticky gooeyness in my carbs.  Then I had it, got sick again...and now I'm off the sauce.

But last week, my friend, Michelle was without her cell phone and I was going NUTS!  Let's not talk about the fact that my crazy busy life kept me from texting her in the week prior to her cell-less time....I was going crazy not being able to text her.  But, she's back on the air...speaking of which...I think I'll text her now.

Ok, I'm back.  :)

3. If you were given $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy?

Oh gosh...I'd probably spend some money on new bedding and drapery for D and I, and then put the rest toward the house.  We're SOOOOOO close to having enough!!!

4. Do you ever go out to eat by yourself?

Not really.  I go out to eat as a social thing.  If I'm alone, I'd rather just grab something at home and save the calories for some friend fun.


5. What company would you want to do a blog review for?
 
Home Depot!  I could use it to get the rest of our home building stuff and review their delivery service, etc.  Trusses, framing lumber, windows, floor coverings, plumbing, electrical....oh yeah, baby!  Can you tell I have ONE thing on my mind lately?!?!  Kinda goes back to #2 maybe, huh?
 


2 comments:

Sarann said...

I hope that you are able to finish your house soon, it is very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh how you make me laugh... love texting you my friend!