Thursday, June 27, 2013

Things I have learned since summer started

  • Head-wounds heal quickly.
  • Sometimes I just need a hug. 
  • Sometimes the kids just need a hug.
  • It is wise for families with small children to make their first ministry their children.  Not getting the latest gadgets.  Not obtaining the respect of your peers...always the kids.  There's plenty of time for that other crap later.
  • Babies bounce.
  • I still have minimal adrenal function left.  Surprisingly enough.
  • Prayers get answered.  Even if it is just changing my heart...which is what prayer is for, right?
  • In times of uncertainty, I can still cling to a Rock.
  • It's sooooo fun to confront a passive-aggressive person and watch them physically recoil.  Interesting, to say the least.
  • I like goat cheese.
  • I am very very very out of shape.  One very for each child.  Yep. 
  • My computer has a NASTY virus on it.  I can't sign into anything.  So, I'm using Dave's old dinosaur.  Anyone have an old computer they'd like to donate?
  • I should never base my feelings about a person on what others tell me they've said.  The person telling the story could be incorrect.  And I end up being a judgy judgerton.
  • After 12 years of marriage, he still kisses me good-bye every morning.  And I still love it.
  • You never know what someone is going through.  So, don't assume anything.
  • I cannot control others actions or belief systems.  I can only control my own (and on a good day, my kids too).  I need to FOCUS on my own. (something I'm working on)
  • One can work up a pretty hard sweat while strawberry picking with three kids.
  • I love back rubs.  From my husband. (for some reason I felt the need to define that statement)
  • Positive reinforcement works.  Most of the time.
  • I don't have to be great friends with everyone.  I can be aquaintences.  I can be barely more than strangers.  But I will try treat everyone with the same respect. (Something I'm working on)
  • Draw-out salve is amazing.  Especially with partical wood floors.
  • So is neosporin.
  • When someone pulls up next to you at a stop sign and clearly yells the word "BITCH!!!" (loud enough to hear through her closed window and yours) at you for driving 5 miles over the speed limit (but apparently too slow for her), it's best to tamp the desire to give them a dirty look back.  Nope....instead wave at them with a large smile on your face- like they are your long lost friend that you haven't seen in 10 years.  THEN, when they flip you the bird....blow them a kiss.  Smile and wave again.  The drama that will ensue in their car is beyond hysterical.  I swear. 
  • Sometimes I wish I had a camera handy.

No comments: