Monday, December 17, 2012

Truth

We can all ask


Why?

But, really...there is no answer to this question.


People want to know if he was mentally ill.

The answer to this is a resounding YES. 

No one in their right mind would do this.





People have asked me how I'm handling this with my boys.

They are nine and five.




My answer?

I am telling them the truth.

I'm not concealing it from them.

Yes, I am tayloring my conversations to what I know they can handle.

However, I want them to hear it from me first.

I want them to know that I will always tell them the truth.

That they can trust me and their father.

That, no matter what they're feeling, they can work it out with us.

I don't want them to hear it from friends and wonder

 "why did they hide this from me?"

And I want to direct their attention to something positive in all this madness.

Mr. Roger's mother once told him to "watch for helpers."

Yes, there was one evil person, but there are MANY helpers.

Helpers God put there to help everyone and show His love.

In the midst of darkness, there is Light.

I'm choosing to focus my eyes on that Light.


Light will always overcome darkness.

That is the Truth I'm choosing to focus on.