Friday, December 28, 2012

Thursday, Tursday.....Ramblings

1.  I missed my Tuesday Ten because, well....yesterday was Christmas.  Dave would say something like "no excuses," but really....I totally forgot that yesterday was Tuesday.  Today actually feels like a Monday.  But, I digress....

Note:  This post has been three days coming.  I started it on Wednesday...then came back to it yesterday (and changed the name), then working on it again today.  But I'm not changing the name.  Call me lazy...or honest...or whatever. 


2.  We had a FANTASTIC Christmas.  On the 23rd, we celebrated with D's family.  Breakfast for dinner meant pajamas for attire.  The boys loved it, and I enjoyed being comfortable.  (Note: Dave and I did not show up in our regular pj's....as a public service.  But yoga pants and sweats were just as nice.)  We all got to meet our new nephew, Finn.  He is 4 weeks older than Baby L....and about 10 pounds heavier.  :)


DSC02888


3.  The picture (below) has great significance.  First, it's the oldest and youngest grandchild on Dave's side.  Second, the outfit that Baby L. is wearing is a hand-me-down from Emily.  This is the outfit that Dave and I picked out as a present for Emily on our second date.  She was a new addition to the family when we first started dating, and he was eager to get her a cute Christmas gift...but was totally inept in a clothing store.  So, we went to Old Navy, and I picked out an outfit (complete with hat and booties to match, but Baby L. is not wearing them here).  Dave followed me around that store like a lost puppy.  He was sooooo cute.  This is also the outfit that clued Dave's sister, Marianne, that I was on the scene.  She knew her brother well enough to know that only a woman would accessorize.  :)

Full circle?  Yes, I think so.  :)


DSC02894


4.  Last Friday, we had another ER visit.  One cough from C. on the monitor was all Dave and I needed to JUMP into action.  11:30pm...we were both already sawing logs....I heard one bark and yelled, "DAVE!"  I ran to get C, he started the nebulizer.  Ten minutes into the treatment, his ribs were still retracting and nostrils flaring...he still wasn't talking...so, to the ER we all went.  This is officially our sixth ER visit with C...and the first time I've ever been able to see and talk to a respiratory therapist.  Good news:  this is the type of asthma he should outgrow.  Bad news:  not until he's 11 or 12.  Sigh.  Can I just say how much I HATE it when my boy can't breathe?!?!?  Enough to warrant the use of the word "hate."  Gr.  We have an appointment scheduled with the Dr. to talk about preventative measures with medicines.  In addition, Dave and I spent the entire day on the 24th de-allergy-ing the boys' room.  This includes stripping their beds down to one blanket and ONE stuffed animal.  Tears were shed...but they recovered quickly.  If this means my babe can breathe better....I'm all about it.


5. Due to the early Christmas celebration with D's family, we had the evening of the 24th off.  So, we made our way to church.  I embraced the whole girl-thing and put Baby L. in a special occasion dress complete with tights and mary jane type shoes.  Yep...I think I could get used to that.  :)  It's also the first time D. eldered at church where I had all three kids to myself.  We all survived, without tears- by them or by me.  So, I think I did ok #thankyouverymuch.  I must say that I LOVED worshipping on Christmas Eve.  In the past, our celebration schedule never really fit into the church schedule...(which, honestly, is the opposite of what it should be, right?).  I loved the carols, I loved the packed pews, I loved the message, I loved the warmth in the sanctuary.  Perhaps we'll need to make the family celebrations accommodate church going forward.


DSC02904




6.  We went to my parent's house on Christmas afternoon/evening.  King crab legs and prime rib.  My most favorite meal ever.  A. was the first one done eating, and then waited (impatiently) for the rest of us to finish so we could open presents.  This is where I had to tell him the story about my childhood where we could only open our gift from Santa and our stocking while my dad worked all the live long day.  THEN we had to wait for grandma's to arrive...THEN we had to wait until everyone was finished eating dinner...yes...this story officially made me an old-lady.  (A, when I was your age....[insert tale of woe here.]).  Sigh.



DSC02912

6.  C. was everybody's helper in opening gifts.  I don't think my dad opened one of his gift's himself.  C. was so happy to help.  It was sweet.


DSC02911

7.  The following picture is so sweet.  My mom and her only granddaughter.  :)  Love this pic!

DSC02919

8.  I have a baby that doesn't want to nap for more than 20 minutes.  This is terribly frustrating.  I'm not getting much done.


9.  I had all these grand plans to be "the awesome mom" during Christmas break.  I even purchased SCRIP (gift certificates) for movies and a few restaurants as surprises for the boys.  I lined up play dates on top of play dates.  I had big plans, I tell ya.  Then...a few play dates fizzled out...C. had an asthma attack....the brakes on my van broke (which are being fixed right now)...and a few friends got sick.  So, we're hunkered down until NYE.  My "the awesome mom" thoughts have given way to sock sorting, medical bill negotiations, and flu shot appointments.  How's that for a 360 degree turn?!?! 

10.  The following pictures is one of my favorites from Christmas Day.  Present carnage on the floor, cashed out baby on my lap.  See that baby acne on her face?!?!?  We'd avoided it for soooo long only to be hit HARD by it now.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

DSC02916

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I completely cured my sons baby acne by rubbing down his face with my breastmilk. I think it only took two or three times!!

Lyndsay said...

I completely cured my sons baby acne by rubbing down his face with my breastmilk. I think it only took two or three times!!

Rebecca B said...

Love the pic of L and Emily and the story behind it :), A had acne in week 1 and 2. I also put breastmilk on it which seemed to help.... altho I've read that it's just normal and not much will help. Just don't scrub it.