Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Learnings and realizations

It's been a while. 


Hi friend, how have you been?

I didn't mean to be gone so darn long... there was nothing really keeping me away, but nothing bringing me back either. In the past few months, I've learned a lot of things.  I've realized a lot of things as well.  I thought I'd document them:

-  Three children in three different phases of life can be exhausting.

-  I still dislike laundry.  I'm not sure there is anything that will get me to like doing laundry. 

-  It takes me approximately the length of the movie, Pitch Perfect, to fold 12 loads of laundry.

-  If you tell me that you don't like the movie, Pitch Perfect, I will break up with you.

-  I can find friends.... trustworthy friends, in unlikely places.

-  I like to start projects, and not finish them.

-  I also like to shop for all the stuff to start the projects and never start them.

-  I am in ENFP.  There are not any "ideal careers" under the ENFP setting that appeal to me.  I am doomed.

-  I got Christmas cards for free. And I obtained them 10 days ago.  Something so trivial can still make me feel like I'm a step ahead of the curve.  This feeling doesn't happen often. I'm cherishing it.

- A seven year old can fit approximately 12 sticks of Extra Watermelon gum in his mouth and still talk.  He may drool, but he can still talk.

-  I love snow.  As long as I can enjoy it from inside my house.  And never ever go anywhere.

-  It is not wise to skip adrenal meds.

-  I do not sleep well when my bed is empty.

-  Being passionate about something usually includes a lot of work.  A lot.

-  Having other passionate people on your team will help.  Immensely.

-  I am horribly out of shape. I'm working on it.

-  Sometimes Simon and Garfunkel songs come on at the perfect time.

-  No matter how hard I try, I can never seem to get a birthday card out in the mail on time.

-  It is possible to completely forget about parent/teacher conferences.  Completely forget.

-  Teachers who are passionate about your child and his success will quickly become your favorite person... and the reason to say some thankful prayers.

-  My voice carries (a little too well) in a gymnasium.

-  The more I hear about things in the public (and charter) schools, the more I'm confident in our schooling choice.

- I can be super happy about cutting 4-5 inches off my hair.

-  I love coffee.

-  I still don't like beets.

No comments: