Monday, December 8, 2014

Not-so-hot mess.

Hello.

This is me; a not-so-hot mess.

I'd say I'm a "hot" mess... but my bloodshot eyes, yoga pants, ponytail, and sweatshirt would suggest otherwise.

Hence, the "not-so."


I had a conversation the other day with someone who (occasionally) reads my blog.  She laid into the mommy-bloggers who act like they have it all together.

She lumped me into this category.


I laughed out loud.

And not one of those, "hehe...I fooled you" demure type giggles...


...a full-belly, tilt-the-head-back LAUGH.


Then, I asked, "Have you REALLY read my blog???"

So... in case you think I have it all together...

a..or in case you feel like you need to "keep up" this Christmas season,

I'm going to give you a current state of affairs in the PMD house... and you'll feel better about yourself.


Yes, I'm a giver.  Consider it my Christmas present to you:



-  First... THIS is my Christmas tree.  My UNlit, pre-lit Christmas tree.


 
- My undecorated unlit pre lit Christmas tree.
 
-  I had the brilliant idea to de-wire the unlit part, but the wires are all interconnected....
 
- So, there is a PILE of wires under the tree- still attached to the tree, but hidden by the tree skirt.
 
-  I purchased 2 boxes of lights to fill the top, but that wasn't enough... so there's a row or two of tree with no lights.  Good enough.
 
- My boys are singing in the school Christmas service.  I'm not sure when the service is- or when practice is.
 
-  There are two basketball games this week.  And a tournament on Fri/Sat.  I have no idea how many kids are playing- or the exact address of any of the games.
 
-  Our outdoor decorations are laying in a heap on our front porch.  Next to our backwards welcome mat.  So, if you leave our house..." Welcome to the outdoors."
 
-  I have no scotch tape.  I'm using packing tape to put things together currently.  It's a tad on the "overkill" side... but you know- secure presents are happy presents.  Right?
 
-  I'm wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt because I have a bunch of laundry to do.  And by bunch, I mean.... about 12 loads.  Not kidding.  The lack of make-up is just sheer laziness.  But I should be wearing it- not for vanity, but a s a public service.  (Moms, avert your children's eyes...)
 
-  My house is a mess. 
 
-  We did 3 advent devotions yesterday to make up for some of the days we missed.  It's like Advent Cliff's Notes.
 
- I decided to make my Godchildren's ornaments this year.  Only, I need to FINISH them and send them out.  BEFORE their families take their Christmas trees DOWN would be really beneficial.
 
-  I haven't sent our out-of-town family's presents out to them.  At this point, I think I need to write "Happy New Year" on the box.
 
- I'm feeding my boys Lunchables for the week.  Yes, I've given up on life.
 
-  Somewhere in the midst of it all, A. has a birthday.  And birthday presentations at school... and special person's visit, and and and...a party on Saturday.  Which will be fun- and they may have to overlook the spots on my floors.
 
-  I am missing some very important addresses for my Christmas cards.  Like, best friend addresses.  I KNOW I wrote them down once upon a time... but they're not in my address book.  How do you send a note like "Hey... we've been best friends for 20 years now... and I still can't find your address.". Yeah.
 
-  I found my nephew's birthday card under my Christmas card pile.  His birthday was earlier...LAST month.  Winning.
 
-  I still have no birthday gift for A.
 
-Planning for the auction event I'm coordinating should have been well-underway by now.  (at least, in my mind...).  And it's not.  And I'm having anxiety about this.
 
 
 
So... here you go.  A not-so-hot mommy blogger
 
Who certainly does NOT have it all together.
 
And I hope you feel better about yourself at this very moment.  :)

No comments: