Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top ten things I've learned from You Tube

I've just rediscovered You Tube thanks to an app on my surface.  Naturally, the app is called "You Tube.".


Dave was un-impressed when he saw it on there.


He thought it was only for entertainment purposes.


I assured him that it was strictly educational- and therefore an invaluable app for my surface.

So, lest you also think that You Tube is a vast wasteland of people purging their playtime on the Internet, I can list for you a top ten of the things I've learned from You Tube... videos included- for your own educational purposes:

(Side note: there's one entertaining video.  It's my favorite of all time. See if you can figure out which it is)

1.  The words (and tune) to the boy's favorite VBS song:






2. How to cut the boys/man's hair (thereby saving almost $60 every 7 weeks):




Side note:  This isn't the exact video we watched, but she shows a few of the same techniques.
Second side note:  I used a #4 on the sides- in this video, she uses a #3. Potato, Po-tah-to.

3.  I learned all the words to Baby L.'s favorite song (of all time):



Side note:  Yes, Circa 1950. Yep.  We still watch Lawrence Welk from time to time as well.  Any questions?

4.  I learned how to filet a salmon.  After an amazing double fishing date with our friends,  we wanted to enjoy our catch.  Dave had to go to work, so I was left with the gutting, cleaning and filleting.  I also learned how to effectively gut the salmon as well (without getting salmon poo everywhere), but I'm going to spare you that video.  You're welcome.


5. I learned that no matter how much I DON'T cry at sad movies or sad books, I will ALWAYS cry at this:



6.  I learned how to fix my van door.  By myself. Thankyouverymuch.




7.    I learned that Sunday's comin'.  Oh how I love that Sunday.




8.  How to cut an avocado.  (without slicing my hand up)



9.  How to do cute braids in hair.  (Saving the knowledge for someday... the day Baby L. has more hair and can sit still!!!  Oh!!!  That day!)




10.  I learned a few things from the following video.  I learned that Alexis is West.  I learned that I love love love Matt Kirkwood.  I learned that Terry DeBoer has a white-man's overbite when she dances.  I also learned that and upside down cycling move is.... um..... vogue(?)

It's a long video, so for the sake of time, check out times: 4:56ish, 6:25ish, and probably the best part of the whole video (possibly of all time) 7:25 until the end.  Seriously... Matt Kirkwood. 




Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last one is hilarious! Makes me tear up from laughing every time. How strange.