1. My house is a mess. I'm ok with that. It's not unclean... just messy. I can clean this up. Eventually.
2. In an effort to "get ahead of the game," I made pancake-muffins yesterday. I use banana, applesauce, and a bunch of other things that my kids would never eat if they knew this fun stuff was in there. I added blueberries for C; my fruitasaurus. I left some plain for A. I'm relatively proud of myself for being proactive on getting the kids and I out the door early/on-time for school. Please note: I understand that by publishing this point, I could be jinxing myself. Chances are, I will not be ahead-of-the-game much over the school year. I'm going to publish anyway... just so I can look back and think "yeah... there were things I did right!"
3. On Saturday, Dave and I had our first date since Baby L. was born. I had a lot of anxiety about leaving her with someone... but we ended up having a fantastic night, as did the kids. Win/win. We're looking forward to our next date night already. But... I'd be darned if I didn't say that babysitters are crazy expensive.
4. Baby L. appears to be potty training herself. I'm not pushing it at all, but I'm not going to fight it either. Sure, it's easier to not have to DASH to the bathroom every time she says, "Mommy, go poopie on potty!!!", but I don't want to squash this desire to be a big girl either.
5. A. is trying to decide if he is too old for Halloween. For dressing up, that is. What??? Where did my little boy go? I'm going to let him decide for himself, but I need to make sure I have something on stand-by as I'm thinking this will be a last minute "yeah...I really do what to go!". I even have an idea for a lot-cost costume... now, just to find time to do it!
6. C. is playing fall soccer this year. His FIRST fall sport. Normally, this is prime asthma season for him. In years past, we've been in the ER or calling 911 by now. We've been without either for 19 months now (but who's counting, right???). He's on a preventative inhaler everyday for now. While that's not without side affects in and of itself, it's keeping him from turning blue. We're super grateful for that! (Now, if we could find a good soccer coach, we'd be super grateful for THAT too!!!)
7. Progress continues on the house. The exterior of the house is done! Interior work continues at a glacial pace... but hey, progress is progress, right???
8. I believe I broke my little toe 2 weeks ago. I was playing soccer in the backyard with the boys, ran wrong (seriously...I am old), and crack. There's nothing to do with a broken pinkie toe, but now my pinkie toe is totally sideways and my foot hurts, hurts, hurts. I can comfortably wear one pair of sandals and one pair of shoes (yeah...tennis shoes- that's hot). My danskos literally have me limping in pain... so if you see me in tennis shoes through the month of November, please know that I am miserable.
9. I'd LOVE love love to organize a girl's day away. Where? I don't care. Just to get away for a day. Perhaps a day trip to IKEA and Trader Joes? Perhaps a day trip up to Traverse city? Just looking for a change of scenery.
10. Haircut day today!!! I've been looking forward to this for 6 weeks. Do I cut it short? Lighter? Darker? Keep it long? Bangs? All the options. How about blue?