D had his hands full of hamburgers.
I put my hand by my hairline and realize there's a bug.
Then the bug falls to my hand.***
It was a bee.
Naturally, I throw it to the ground and stomp on it for all I'm worth.
This is only the second time I've ever been stung.
I had a reaction the first time I got stung too.
Took forever to heal.
So, it gets red.
It gets hot.
It gets inflamed.
A few days later, it starts to itch.
And itch.and itch.
Memorial Day, I wake up to this:
The redness goes into my wrist.
I can barely bend my fingers.
So I posted a facebook status update on how wierd it was that
I'm reacting on MONDAY to a sting on WEDNESDAY prior.
I got the usual "oh no!"'s and "poor lady" which wasn't what I was looking for at all
-since I'm not the first person, nor will I be the last, to be stung by a bee-I wanted some advice about how to make it all go away.
So, on the advice of my husband, I took some benadryl.
And of course we don't have any adult stuff in the house-
so I took an adult dose of children's benadryl
(the adult dosing was on the side of the bottle).
I spent the next 5 hours high as a kite.
But at least I was "productive."
I did some spray painting.
Cause, you know we all make great decisions
when we're high.
Then swoops in my Aunt Sue with a comment:
to my rescue.
24 hours later:
Look! Bendy fingers!
No more swelling.
Only a small red spot surrounding the original sting.