Friday, September 4, 2009

Five Question Friday

Ok, there's this blog I read, and every Friday she does Five Question Friday. While I try to keep my blog carnivals down to a minimum (I'm not carny...I've got all my teeth), I actually helped her choose some questions for this week. And they're fun questions too! So, this week, I'll give it a try. So, here goes!

If you want to participate, copy and paste the questions to your blog and answer them. To see my friend's blog to started it all, click here.

September 4th Questions:
1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why?
2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is your must have for Fall?
4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?
5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).

Ok, my answers:
1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why? When I was little, my mom used to sew a LOT of dresses for me. In kindergarten, I had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday. Loved it. Loved. it. My present from my mom and dad was a Strawberry Shortcake dress. It was my favorite of all time! I even had my school picture taken in it. If I had access to a scanner, I'd sooo scan the pic. I look totally cute. :)

2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher. Not sure if it was because my mom was a teacher or if I just liked being around other kids. But, then I went into college and realized I'm good with one or two kids, but not really a bunch of other people's kids for over 2-3 hours a day. So, there went that. Marketing was more my venue. While I do still feel urges to get into a classroom, I'll satisfy those by volunteering in my son's classroom once in a while.

3. What is your must have for Fall? Um, a jacket. I've been putting off purchasing a fall/spring jacket for some time now because there were other priorities in the budget. What have I been wearing? A hoodie. Yep...I'm sooo fashion forward, I know. Why now when I've been getting by? Well, somehow the hoodie now has bleach spots on it...no longer acceptable for me to be out and about in it. Oh, wait...was this question supposed to be about fashion must haves? Well, practicality will have to do. I'm not really a fashion-must-have kind of girl.

4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?
Four. But money is an object. A big object. Two will do, and I'm so thankful for them.

5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).
The part in the parenthesis, of course...but Colin's birth was significantly better than Adam's. Shorter, epidural worked, much smaller head, 2 pushes (as opposed to 2 hours). The funniest part (and grossest) of the story is when I was at a 10- ready to push. The nurse-in-training was checking me, and the trainer nurse followed up to make sure she was correct. She said, "Yea, she's at 10, +1 station, 100% effaced, bulging bag." Then she looks at me and says, "And you're about to have a contraction." Well, I already knew that...but she kept her hand in there checking me while the contraction came on- and my bag of water EXPLODED all over her. All.over.her. She said, "Oh sh**" Dave said (while snickering), "Dude...that was gross." I just laughed out loud...I was embarrassed, but there was nothing I could do- so I just laughed. and laughed. She left and had to change everything down to her shoes- and wash her chin and neck. She made it back into the room to see Colin born (only 5 minutes after the explosion!). The rest of my hospital stay, I was known to the nurses as "the one that got Stephanie."

6 comments:

Keely said...

Love the birthing story!!

Meghan said...

The birthing story is HILARIOUS! And disgusting. But hilarious.

Mama M. said...

That is GREAT!!!! Sheesh, any labor nurse to run for cover with a bulging bag at 10cm!! Thanks for joining...and thanks for the questions!

Unknown said...

Loved the birthing story....I needed that laugh...

Kathy said...

I got a good laugh out of the birth story also, hilarious! :)

Rach said...

The birthday story was so wonderfully gross & barf worthy- just top notch sandy!