Thursday, May 14, 2009

A thankful heart

The following video was taken on Mother's Day afternoon. Dave took the boys outside for some football while I started dinner and worked on a few audits. While working, I heard my boys and my husband playing outside. I heard grunts, groans, and big belly laughs. Needlesstosay, my work time actually became spectator time.

It was in this moment, watching from my kitchen window, that I realized just how blessed I am. I'm so thankful for all God has given me- and thankful that He knows what He's doing when he matches a husband and wife. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be married to. I'm so proud that he's the father of my children.

This video isn't a beach in the Bahamas, and its not a fancy mansion. It's just a daddy playing in the back yard with his boys. It's my life, and I'm so thankful.

I'm even thankful for the dog poop. :)

I'm even more thankful that its not my job to pick it up.

No comments: