The other day, the boys and I made some Rice Krispie Treats. Now, I don't normally allow the boys in the kitchen when I'm assembling anything. I'm not sure if this is my own control-freakiness, or if its just the fact that I'm super paranoid of my kids cutting/hurting/burning/ingesting cleaners while in the kitchen. But, I realized recently that its a fun way for Adam to learn about following directions and some early math concepts. So, rice krispie treats it was....
1. Lay out all ingredients.
2. Enlist "helpers" i.e. little brother
3. Scoff at the fact that mommy would only let you have 5 marshmallows (one for every year you are old)
4. Measure out rice krispies. Be thankful said helper has a top on his sippie cup- otherwise they would have been soggy cranberry grape rice krispie treats.
5. Melt butter and marshmallows in the pot. Continuously stirring (being continuously reminded to stir too)
6. Oops! We forgot to take a pic of combining them. Pour mixture into the greased pan after mixing...
7. Generously allow helper to clean out the bowl and spoon.
8. Add sprinkles and WAH-LAH!
9. Enjoy ( and look cute doing it too!)
Well, I survived to write about it- so I guess that means it was a success!