Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inauguration feelings

So, we have a new president.

Here's where I start this post by telling you that I wasn't really rooting for anyone in this race.  He wasn't my first, second, or third choice....but oh golly....did I not want her to win either.

Yeah, we're going to touch on politics on this blog.

Eight years ago, I felt betrayed by my fellow voters. That they had failed to do the research I had. Fear for the future that lay ahead. I felt voiceless,  helpless, hopeless.

A lot of what the other half is probably feeling today, to be honest. Guess what guys....I understand how you feel!

And just how I felt, you will get through these next few years. You will feel frustrated.  You will feel helpless and hopeless. While I'm sad you'll probably feel that way (because it's uncomfortable to feel this way,  right?), you CAN do one thing:

Pray.

You can pray.

You can pray that our government will stand firm and strong. You can pray for our success. We're all on this same boat,  and no one wants to sink.

For the past eight years, I've prayed for God to guide president Obama, and I'm going to do the same for president Trump.

Join me, please.

1 comment:

DUTA said...

Praying is good; it helps. Your attitude is the correct one - that of acceptance of the elections' result and not the ugly attitude of those trying to delegitimate that result.