Friends, this is a therapy post. It's for me. Feel free not to read.
My MOPS mentor mom - even though she was absent from our meeting yesterday- still found a way to bless me and God used her and her circumstances to pierce my heart. She left a gift for each of us at our table...and followed it up with an email reminding us to be thankful...in all circumstances. That has always been a motto of mine as well, but as soon as the sh*t hit the fan this week, I failed.
I forgot to be thankful.
So, in an effort to calm my heart amidst the storm...I need to focus on what is good.
(More on the storm later...but if you could pray for me, my family, my friends, our school and our current church body...that would be great.)
364. Lori. For who she is. For what she does. For listening. For praying. For keeping her eyes on God while caring for your husband. Her grace does not go unnoticed. (And if you would pray for Lori and her husband, Dave, that would be wonderful too)
365. For the sisterhood of steering.
366. For laughter that was balm for my soul.
368. For the superfruit cosmopolitan. (It's essentially healthfood, right???)
369. For Barb. Oh, my heart loves Barb. She is steadfast. She is supportive. She is an ear. She offers help. She has the gift of hospitality (dude...seriously....). This woman's heart...I just love her. I'm so so so thankful for her in my life.
371. Cappicino Crunch Ice cream (a very very small bowl...but it was so good).
372. For a silent hand-hold in the middle of the night.
373. For other parents to link arms with during this journey of parenthood
374. For boundaries. And understanding when and where they are needed before they are crossed.
375. For wise pastoral counsel
376. For just the right speaker to come in at just the right time.
377. For someone to send me the perfect pin at just the perfect time
378. For breakfast dinner
379. For a clearer defination of the words "righteous anger" and the separation between that and "sinful anger"
380. For punching bags
381. For obedient hearts
382. For history. History in small circles. Circles that you didn't realize overlapped.
383. For fast drying toe nail polish
384. For release. Freedom.
385. For the "I'm sorry"
386. For the forgiveness.