Possibly because we are too busy to form a well-structured paragraph.
Possibly because we are both ADD.
Possibly because it's the easiest way to get a bunch of information out in a short period of time.
Today, you get a bulleted update:
- My house is on it's way to being officially organized. (notice I didn't say squeeky clean...no one has time for that). Seems like every spring break we do this...to find a lost library book.
- I have not found said book.
- My boys gave me a gift at my parent's house on Monday and vaccuumed out our van.
- And then left the light on, and I ended up with a dead battery.
- I worked with an amazing team coordinating our school's auction.
- It was an amazing success- thanks to so many who are willing to open their hearts and wallets and support our little school.
- The last 10 minutes of the night were my favorite. Where so many people raised their numbers to sponsor a child for a month's worth of tuition. My heart still swells when I think about it. Pure, un selfish, generosity.
- We decided not to go anywhere for an extended period of time during spring break so I could potty train baby L. Four days in, and she's toileting herself (or asking to go if we're out and about) without accidents. Awesomesauce.
- Truth be told, she was probably ready 6 months ago. But I was too busy running around to do anything about it.
- A has had a growth spurt. He is only a few inches away from being eye-to-eye with me. I know this is part of his growing up...but my heart is not ready for that.
- C has decided to give baseball a try this spring. We made a deal with him- if he played fall soccer, he'd try baseball in the spring. My mom-gut says he's going to get bored in baseball and miss soccer. But at least he will have tried something new...but I do believe he's a soccer player at heart.
- Dave remains busy, busy, busy. Which makes me so so proud of him. After 12 years of business, he has maintained a busy schedule solely by word-of-mouth. Well, that's not entirely true...he had two weeks in there...one week when C. was a baby and one week when baby L. was small...where he had only small jobs....but he worked on the Love Shack, and then things got crazy again. So...I'm still proud.
- I am starting a MOPS group at our church this fall. If you are the praying type, I covet your prayers for this new group: that God would bless the moms who sign up with the same type of community I have found at my local MOPS. My life wouldn't be the same without it.
- We hosted our families for Easter afternoon. With our annual Easter Egg hunt. I love watching the kiddos run for it. My heart love love loves these guys.
- We took our annual Easter Well-head family picture. Which I wasn't going to post...because the picture is not the greatest, and my pose is very weird...but whatevs. When you're running back through dog-poop-land-mined gravel down hill in heels to beat the timer, you'll have that.
- The boys have spikey hair now. They were growing it out, but the shaggy got to me. While A is still obedient enough, and I can still manipulate C into submission, I decided to bite the bullet and take them to get their hair cut. First time in over 2 years I've paid for a hair cut for them. Not too shabby. Although, I about choked on my saliva when she gave me a total.
- There is more to say here, but I have a little one who is showing me it's time for attention on her. So, that's another post for another day. Hope to see you before next quarter!