It's been a while.
Hi friend, how have you been?
I didn't mean to be gone so darn long... there was nothing really keeping me away, but nothing bringing me back either. In the past few months, I've learned a lot of things. I've realized a lot of things as well. I thought I'd document them:
- Three children in three different phases of life can be exhausting.
- I still dislike laundry. I'm not sure there is anything that will get me to like doing laundry.
- It takes me approximately the length of the movie, Pitch Perfect, to fold 12 loads of laundry.
- If you tell me that you don't like the movie, Pitch Perfect, I will break up with you.
- I can find friends.... trustworthy friends, in unlikely places.
- I like to start projects, and not finish them.
- I also like to shop for all the stuff to start the projects and never start them.
- I am in ENFP. There are not any "ideal careers" under the ENFP setting that appeal to me. I am doomed.
- I got Christmas cards for free. And I obtained them 10 days ago. Something so trivial can still make me feel like I'm a step ahead of the curve. This feeling doesn't happen often. I'm cherishing it.
- A seven year old can fit approximately 12 sticks of Extra Watermelon gum in his mouth and still talk. He may drool, but he can still talk.
- I love snow. As long as I can enjoy it from inside my house. And never ever go anywhere.
- It is not wise to skip adrenal meds.
- I do not sleep well when my bed is empty.
- Being passionate about something usually includes a lot of work. A lot.
- Having other passionate people on your team will help. Immensely.
- I am horribly out of shape. I'm working on it.
- Sometimes Simon and Garfunkel songs come on at the perfect time.
- No matter how hard I try, I can never seem to get a birthday card out in the mail on time.
- It is possible to completely forget about parent/teacher conferences. Completely forget.
- Teachers who are passionate about your child and his success will quickly become your favorite person... and the reason to say some thankful prayers.
- My voice carries (a little too well) in a gymnasium.
- The more I hear about things in the public (and charter) schools, the more I'm confident in our schooling choice.
- I can be super happy about cutting 4-5 inches off my hair.
- I love coffee.
- I still don't like beets.