Like God is constantly refining me...
like I am under construction.
Hence, the name of this blog.
Anyways.... here's a list of lessons I've learned over the past year:
- VO5 Styling Creme when applied liberally to wet hair (especially in front) will make my hair look like a greasy mess....even though I washed it less than an hour prior. Using this product again is ill-advised.
- I can count to 28 (well, 32) proficiently. However, sometimes God counts better.
- I can survive heartbreak. And it's ok for me to occasionally get a wee bit weepy about it still.
- Before spraying "hairspray" on my hair- after taking the time to curl it all perfectly- it is helpful to read the bottle of "straight smooth hair serum" before using it as hairspray. Failure to do so will result in very very flat hair.
- Knuckles and cheese graters don't mix.
- I can get into this whole "girl thing." And I can enjoy it. :)
- Forgiveness is something we need to do because God commands us to. Regardless of whether they ask for it or not.
- Apologizing is a sign of maturity, integrity, and good character.
- Sometimes you just need to let go of old friendships to make room for new ones. Being sad makes you human, moving on makes you wonderful.
- It is possible to survive natural childbirth - regardless of whether it was in my birth plan or not.
- The United States of America has chosen that they would rather have socialist policies rather than personal liberties. I need to learn how to deal with that.
- I have not been told "I want what you have" since we started building the new side of the house. Funny...everyone wanted what we had when we lived in a little sh*thole of a house, and didn't care what other people thought of it. Apparently, contentment should be the new American dream.
- Some people are part of the problem, others are part of the solution. It's important to figure out who is in which category quickly.
- Respect needs to be earned.
- Sometimes (oftentimes) the amount of generosity from others will still astound me.
- Politicians lie.
- There is spiritual warfare going on right now. And if you're someone I love, be prepared to hear about how much God loves you - regardless of whether you want to hear it or not. The fact of the matter is, if I love you, I want to see you in Heaven. It would be more rude and hateful for me NOT to tell you about God's love for you.
- Shellac manicures make me feel pretty.
- Parts of my personality (ooohhhh, like my out-spoken-ness) often considered my worst trait can be something that others love about me. I love those people.
- I am blessed.