(first, I miss Ann Curry...there, I said it)
Second, everyone in the band is wearing white. All white.
At first glance, I thought that Ricki Martin was playing.
I personally think straight men should avoid wearing all-white.
And just need to take an aside down for yesterday's Supreme Court ruling (feel free to skip down to the questions if you're not up for politics). I'm a wee bit aprehensive for the following reasons:
1. Our government has prooven time and time again that they cannot economically spend our taxpayer monies. This Obamacare legislation is the SINGLE LARGEST TAX IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Let me say that again- THE WORLD. So, if you have a friend who steals money from you only to squander it, and they some asking for A LOT more money, you give it to them?
2. This is giving our government too much power over every individual person. Socialist medicine is prooving all around the world to be INSUFFICIENT. Why are we copying this?
3. When they decide that there's not enough money for long term diseases, surgeries, etc, it will be the government who decides what you can and can't do for your ailments. I wonder how long it will take before they say that the government will only pay for 2 baby deliveries, or one heart issue, etc. Will we allow the government to instate a deadline for cancer healing? Then, your benefits expire...and so do you? This is a VERY slippery slope we're on.
Thanks for listening and reading my opinions. Soap box getting folded up and shoved in back pocket.
1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?
Ohhhh, if we're camping or having a fire in the backyard, I'm a sucker for some s'mores!!!
Of course, now I'm using gf graham crackers, and I can only eat 1 or else the sugar/caffiene buzz will keep me up all night....but they are still SOOOO yummy.
Especially if my fingers get all gooey from the marshmallow...oh so good.
2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?
Honestly, I really don't eat many low-fat versions of anything. Since giving up gluten, I'm realizing that many low fat versions just add fillers (i.e. GLUTEN) to make things lower in fat. In addition, I go low-sugar, and those fillers usually include more sugar as well.
So, full fat versions, just less portion size of them.
I'll eat the low fat version of cream cheese....but that's about it.
3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?
I'm currently spending my days hiding out in my air conditioned basement.
Apparently, this baby girl has made me into a fetus-harboring-furnace. Fr someone who has been dealing with thyroid issues for the past few years, being this HOT is a new experience. I'm used to running at least 5 degrees cooler than the general population....so, yeah....hiding in the basement. :)
But Hooray (?) for a healthy thyroid!
4. What's your favorite summer read?
Right now I just have no time to get into a book. I'm behind at work, and when I do take a break to read, it needs to be a quick light read...nothing too involved.
I do miss books, though. I miss being involved in a story and anticipating how the story ends. Perhaps when we go camping, I'll grab a book and pray for ONE rainy afternoon.
5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?
Again...the air conditioned basement. :)